Saturday 14 June 2014

30 Day Shred: update

So the injury and a return of the pain in my right foot has put the kibosh on the Shred. I went to the osteopath yesterday and after a beating she has said no strenuous exercise for 3-5 days.

So I'll take this chance to review my experience of the 30 day shred. Things I've learnt:
1. Make time for exercise. I found I worked hardest in the morning and getting up 30 minutes earlier than normal was easy to do. 
2. Warm up, cool down and stretching are so important. The warm ups for both level 1 and 2 were pretty good but there definitely wasn't enough stretching in the cool down. Luckily I've been taught to stretch a lot after exercise by my lovely Zumba/Pilates teacher Gemma so I always did more once the DVD was switched off. 
3. Exercising in the morning makes me ravenous! 
4. I can do press ups (only knee ones but still!)
5. Water weight is real. 

Overall I think the 30 day shred programme is good. Jillian Michaels' instruction style suits the way I like to learn and I like that there are different ability levels catered for with Anita and Natalie assisting. The 3 2 1 approach works well and the exercise were varied. If I were to do it again I would schedule in a rest day every 7, I inadvertently did but not intentionally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment